Potentially downgrading from RSF Onyx to RSF Pearl 3600

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JordanScott90

Mar 4, 2021
Winnipeg
Hey guys!

I just recently found this site and felt it would be the best place to come for help about this topic. I am looking for anybody who owns or has a good share of information about the RSF pearl 3600. I have owned the Onyx 2 fireplace from RSF for about 13 years and will be downgrading in within a year or two. The onyx is an incredible fireplace that burns very efficient, but the problem is that it is way too big for our needs and we completely underestimated its heating abilities. We live in a 4 level split and the fireplace heats the upper two levels, and we use other means to heat the lower levels. We cannot connect the fireplace to a central heating system due to the lack of room around the unit. So the pearl is our next option at the moment.
If anyone could please share some details about their unit, how easily it heats your home, how long it burns, the hottest you have burned, have you accesorized your unit to any extent ex venting etc, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.