Power wattage of a Englander 25-pdvc for battery back-up calculation.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Fraulein

Jan 6, 2023
quebec
Hello friends, I am new here. I am in the process of getting a Englander 25 pdvc wood pellet for my house. We have frequent power outage during the winter. they can last from 1 to 5 days. I need to know the power usage of this stove in order to put up a battery back up system. I already have a UPS, I just need to beef up the batteries.
I already saw video about the power usage while the fire is well established. A Harman is about 300 watts to keep it running. A Castle serenity is about 68 watts. These measure were taken with a Kill a watt device. I could not find the numbers for an Englander 25 pdvc. I wrote to the customer service at Englander.com. a couple of days later, I only got an "I Dunno" answer with only generic information.
Is somebody already plugged a Kill a watt device in a Englander 25 pdvc while it is running? This will help me to put together a battery backup that cold keep my stove running for a couple of days.
Thank you

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum...Some one should be here shortly.... There may be specs in your owners manual.. This is what I found..
Ignition--5.7 amps (668 watts)
Running--3.2 amps (368 watts)
Actual may be a bit different..

Welcome to the forum...Some one should be here shortly.... There may be specs in your owners manual.. This is what I found..
Ignition--5.7 amps (668 watts)
Running--3.2 amps (368 watts)
Actual may be a bit different..
Thank you for the info. I guess this get the Englander out of my list. The Castle pellet stove runs at around 60 watts. This means my battery pack will be able to make the pellet stove run about 6 times longer with a Castle stove than a Harman or a Englander. Now if only I had a Castle pellet stove dealer in my area...🙁