Powered make-up air system

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JTK2000

Dec 2, 2022
ND
Hello all, my Lopi Evergreen was just installed and the first burn went awesome! It definitely stank during the paint curing process so windows were open! That being said, the second burn and the windows are shut. However, it took a lot more attempts to start, wood moisture below 15, vent wide open, bypass wide open, green start made a great bead of embers. I cracked a window and it started burning better so suspect a negative pressure issue.

Has anybody ever installed a powered make up air system or is the fresh air venting good enough? I read an article where the fresh air venting can cause issues, where a powered make up air system provides a better solution.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Nate R