Tonyray Posted By Tonyray, Feb 10, 2019 at 5:38 PM

1. Tonyray

Tonyray
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 11, 2013
    Loc:
    Bucks County,Pa /North of Phila Eagles
    using one of the attachments for my powersmith, the clear tube for small areas,
    the unit stopped working..... though maybe I blew a breaker or something..
    started to take it apart and found the motor was Hot as Hatti,,,,.....
    let it cool down for a while and it's fine now...hmmmm.
    we'll see what happens next time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. heat seeker

heat seeker
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 25, 2011
    Loc:
    Northern CT
    Perhaps the vac uses the airflow exiting the tank to cool the motor. The small hose restricts airflow, maybe resulting in the overheating.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Tonyray likes this.
  3. SpaceBus

SpaceBus
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 18, 2018
    Loc:
    Downeast Maine
    Most vacuums get hot after a while. It's normal for them to shut down until everything cools down.

4. kenora

kenora
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 20, 2007
    Loc:
    Kenora, Ontario, Canada
    I've got the one with the silver canister and accessories and have found the same thing...the motor gets hot after only a minute or two, more so than my shopvacs...however it also filters fine grey ash more effectively so I think its working hard...mine hasn't shut down but I read in the manual that the motor is thermally protected..its designed to shut off when hot so I think all is OK

Tonyray likes this.
  5. Tonyray

Tonyray
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 11, 2013
    Loc:
    Bucks County,Pa /North of Phila Eagles
    Yeah I think so too. It only happened when I use used that small clear tube. Runs quite a while with the normal wider nozzles.

6. bas157

bas157
    Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 1, 2012
    Loc:
    Near Limerick, PA
    My Powersmith always runs hot. I try to not run it real long at one time, like brush down one area, suck up the ash, brush another area and suck up the ash, etc...

Tonyray likes this.