Preseason tuneup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

drstorm

Burning Hunk
Aug 19, 2016
Northeast PA
Does anyone have the link to the BK approved high-density gasket?
My one year old chinook fails the dollar bill test.
If you have any tips for checking the one on the bypass door that would be nice too.
I know I can find these answers on the forum search but I'm feeling lazy and most of you are bored and not burning yet :)...
I'm hoping to make it to Halloween before the first fire.I do have a heat pump and it was on last night with the temp bottoming out around 40.

Oem blaze king parts from a dealer. Don't let them substitute anything else.

Reactions: drstorm
Does anyone have the link to the BK approved high-density gasket?
My one year old chinook fails the dollar bill test.
If you have any tips for checking the one on the bypass door that would be nice too.
I know I can find these answers on the forum search but I'm feeling lazy and most of you are bored and not burning yet :)...
I'm hoping to make it to Halloween before the first fire.I do have a heat pump and it was on last night with the temp bottoming out around 40.

Did you try the door latch adjustment first? Instructions are in the OM.

The bypass gasket is checked the same way (with a dollar bill). You can check it from the firebox side but, if it needs to be snugged up, you need to access the adj. bolt through the flue collar.

Reactions: drstorm
Did you try the door latch adjustment first? Instructions are in the OM.

The bypass gasket is checked the same way (with a dollar bill). You can check it from the firebox side but, if it needs to be snugged up, you need to access the adj. bolt through the flue collar.
Thanks.I haven't tried the door latch yet.