Price ideas for project.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ctwoodtick

Minister of Fire
Jun 5, 2015
Southeast CT
Put in an offer on a house with existing woodstove, installed in corner of room on a hearth. It looks like a beast and I believe it’s a Waterford 103. It’s piping enters ceiling with Class A above roof. I will likely have it inspected and use it briefly before getting a new stove. House in northwest Maine.
Current stove has an 8 inch flue collar. I’d like to completely remove the existing set up and put in an Ideal Steel with new pipe and chimney. I suspect that the current set is too close to wall, so I’d like to have the chimney pro cut out new hole in ceiling/roof for 6 inch setup. I believe there is no attic. It’s one story and I’d be shooting for 15 ft of height from flue collar.
Can anyone give me an idea what the cost of this would be? Thanks