Primary air adjustments

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cumminstinkerer

Burning Hunk
Feb 2, 2016
central iowa
Has anyone here ever tried to add primary air adjustment to an Econoburn, Sorry but I always think outside the box.

I’m installing an Econoburn boiler , so I’m going to tag in maybe I can learn something

I attempted last night, the way I had the flaps to meter the air made it a pain to install the blower panel, also you cannot close the flaps as much as I want to, on to version 2.0 tonight. On the plus side even though they are not as closed as I want it did bring my flue temps down some and increased my burn times, that was the goal.

Reactions: Case1030
Just an update, I built primary air controls for my 100, here is a pic of the inside of the blower chamber and one of the back side of the blower panel with the air controls installed. Had the first fire in it last night after getting the controls in, after some tuning it lowered my flue temps back down into the 375-500 range during the burn, It also charged storage considerably faster and got got the boiler up to temp way faster. I think I still need to make some small adjustments but this particular unit needed this for sure.

Attachments

• air.jpg
    air.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 95
  • air2.jpg
    air2.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: Case1030