Princess Ultra - Hearth Pad Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nelson

Feeling the Heat
Dec 5, 2013
Mount Horeb, WI
Hey Everyone-

I recently (this spring) purchased a new Princess Ultra (PE1006UBK) for my basement remodel (different thread and will update that with pics when I'm completely done!). My question right now is around hearth pads. I had originally planned on building my own. However, I started looking around and realized I could buy one! Seeing as this is for a lower level, I'm not sure that I am super picky about what it looks like, etc. and not having to build one would saving me time that I don't really have. Soooooo, I'm wondering about clearances and what not. This would be going on top of vinyl plank flooring and i know I just need ember protection for the Princess. I see that I can get a 48" x 48" hearth pad but that doesn't seem like it would be large enough for a corner install - i'm not planning to use heat shields on the walls so I need 14" from each corner to the wall. Seems like Front and Back should be ok.

At any rate, looking for other folks experiences with these pre-assembled hearth pads - especially anyone who is using one that has a Princess Ultra.

Thanks!
Andy

It’s nice that you only need ember protection. Just figure out the required size of the pad and whether you like the look and price.