Probe thermometer/ pipe damper install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ejsechler

May 18, 2016
North East Ohio
Look for some insight and recomendation. I orginally had a probe thermometer installed in my double wall pipe roughly 20 " above stove top. I recently installed a inline damper and it bumped the thermometer up another 4.5". So now the probe sits at roughly 24.5" from the top of the stove. Do you think this is to high for the probe placement? If so I know I could lower it but that would entail drilling another hole and then me trying to figure out what to stop up the existing hole with and for it to look astectically pleasing to the eye at the same time.

Look for some insight and recomendation. I orginally had a probe thermometer installed in my double wall pipe roughly 20 " above stove top. I recently installed a inline damper and it bumped the thermometer up another 4.5". So now the probe sits at roughly 24.5" from the top of the stove. Do you think this is to high for the probe placement? If so I know I could lower it but that would entail drilling another hole and then me trying to figure out what to stop up the existing hole with and for it to look astectically pleasing to the eye at the same time.
It's fine