Problems with 7100 fan or sensor?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee

Jan 27, 2013
I have just installed my quad-7100 in my new house, but I have one problem... the fan just turns off and on randomly while burning a good hot fire, it will never stay on for more than a few minutes. The only way I can avoid listening to it turn off and on all the time is by turning the override 'on' and turn the fan to a really low setting, otherwise the dang thing will just turn on full speed every few minutes and turn back off... even if I have the override 'on' with the adjustable nob clicked off. What do you think? Everything is brand new!

I have just installed my quad-7100 in my new house, but I have one problem... the fan just turns off and on randomly while burning a good hot fire, it will never stay on for more than a few minutes. The only way I can avoid listening to it turn off and on all the time is by turning the override 'on' and turn the fan to a really low setting, otherwise the dang thing will just turn on full speed every few minutes and turn back off... even if I have the override 'on' with the adjustable nob clicked off. What do you think? Everything is brand new!

Make sure your thermo disc is in contact with the stove body. If there's a gap between the disc & the hot surface that actuates it, any air passing thru that gap will cool the switch to the point that it opens & the power to the blower is cut off. Once the air flow stops, the t-disc will heat up & close again to power the blower.

Are you saying your blower is cycling on and off with it in the always on mode? If this is the case your motor may be cycling via the internal motor thermal protection meaning your motor could be overheating.. I would need a wiring diagram to better understand this..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.