Problems with Englander-10-CPM

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

erhalt1

Jan 23, 2008
Western Ohio
We'll I took the plunge and bought a Englander-10-cpm. I got it home last night and started it up...........It was very loud on the start up but that is fine.........every 7 seconds I hear a thump that is very clear and pellets fall down in the hole for burning. I wouldn't think a $2000. stove would make such a loud noise just to drop pellets. Also I am very unhappy with the beautiful glass that has gotten so dirty I can only see a 6inch radius cut out. If someone can help Please.....

thanks

Eric

Hello , welcome to the forums . Mike Holton , who works for Englander , is on this forum all the time . I'm sure he can help you out. He has helped out a lot of folks , weather they have one of his companies stove , or one of his competitors stoves. You can look up his profile on the memberships lists. Good luck.

the "thump" may be the air pump for the igniter , it should "burp" every 10 seconds or so to keep the igniter clear, runs constantly in startup, if its loud you may want to chat with me i know a few tricks to quiet it down, as for the glass, there is a removable strip of metal which acts as an airwash deflector which mounts on the front of the cradle by the two pins in the bottom , look for 2 small holes in the cradle that it mounts to , occasionally the deflector dislodges in shipping and drops into the space in front of the cradle blocking the airwash. make sure that part is mounted correctly, if you are having trouble after that please call me so i can help you get it straightened out

stoveguy2esw said:
the "thump" may be the air pump for the igniter , it should "burp" every 10 seconds or so to keep the igniter clear, runs constantly in startup, if its loud you may want to chat with me i know a few tricks to quiet it down, as for the glass, there is a removable strip of metal which acts as an airwash deflector which mounts on the front of the cradle by the two pins in the bottom , look for 2 small holes in the cradle that it mounts to , occasionally the deflector dislodges in shipping and drops into the space in front of the cradle blocking the airwash. make sure that part is mounted correctly, if you are having trouble after that please call me so i can help you get it straightened out

Mike, sent you an email a few minutes ago about the stat problem, so I hope to hear from you about that, but I too would like to know the "tricks" to making the startup noise from the pump lower.

My glass is also getting dirty very quickly, but thought it was the terrible Inferno pellets that I bought (2 bags) to test burn......maybe it's not them. I'll take a look at the airwash deflector you mentioned tomorrow.

stoveguy2esw said:

this is happening after the stove is burning..........every 7-8 seconds you hear a light thud. and then pellets fall down the chute.

Wonder if it has something to do with the burnpot mixer(stirrir)? Does that run at the same time as the pellet feed auger?

jay

erhalt1 said:
....this is happening after the stove is burning..........every 7-8 seconds you hear a light thud. and then pellets fall down the chute.

erhalt, this is normal......just sent you a PM on this and dirty glass "fix".....spoke to Mike Holton this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.