procured next years pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daffonce

Jan 23, 2013
So I pulled the trigger and purchased next years pellets supply. I bought 5 tons of american wood fibers softwood pellets. They burnt great very low ash and lots of heat. They arrive monday and are destined for my basement. I burnt 4 tons total this year from xmas till june so figured a fifth ton was in order

I'm a donkey. I read the title, get excited and open the thread and bam... no pics.

hopefully Monday we'll have some visual stimulation. ;)

Reactions: jtakeman
So the pellets have arrived. Time to start the transfer to the basement. Now for the non descript picture as to nit giveaway my locatiin.

Take your time moving those pellets down those stairs. I trust you have worked out some sort of system to save your back. Wife and I moved 3 tons last year from outside to inside the garage. Took us three hours with frequent rest periods. We are both seniors and neither one of us move fast.

Here is the pic.

Attachments

• 2013-06-18 22.08.41.png
    2013-06-18 22.08.41.png
    199.8 KB · Views: 150
Luckily no stairs. Just move from one side of house (driveway) to the other side that has a walkout door. Then back the length of the house to their new home in unfinished section of . I use a wheel barrow. I do a ton a day pretty easily. Wife will help this year as she isnt pregnant this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.