Productive Morning in the Woods

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwoair23

Feeling the Heat
Oct 2, 2011
Ohio
Made another run to the farm that had been timbered a year back. Got a full load of about half cherry and half oak. This will be used for winter 2014-2015. The yet to be split stacks are two truck loads, I stacked them on wood poles I cut from the woods to keep them off the ground until I get to splitting them! Its almost 60 degrees here, crazy, but makes for nice cutting weather.

I love going to this farm, I pick exactly what I want, cut it to the size I want, and leave the rest. I will be very sad when I can no longer go get wood from there!

The already split wood is my wood for next winter, feels great having that done every time I look at it!

Attachments

• IMG_0412.jpg
    IMG_0412.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0413.jpg
    IMG_0413.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0414.jpg
    IMG_0414.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0415.jpg
    IMG_0415.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0416.jpg
    IMG_0416.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0417.jpg
    IMG_0417.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0418.jpg
    IMG_0418.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0419.jpg
    IMG_0419.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 167
Man, nice looking wood and wood hauler! Nice to have such a good source - enjoy!!

Looks good!

Nice work jwoair23. Nice truck too. You will find other sources of wood. A wood burner such as yourself always does. Have a good one.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
A pretty place to go relax & cut wood.
Yea, you're gonna miss it when it's done, something else may pop up though.
Enjoy the time there .
Nice stacks :)

that is a great source. get what you can while available, somethin else will come up when its gone

Great haul - nice to be able to drive right up to it too

jwoair, I would hesitate to burn that oak in 2014-2015 for sure. Even if you plan on burning it the following year, it needs to be split and stacked right away so it can start the drying process. I'd also split really small if you plan on burning it in 2 years.

jwoair23, looks like some nice firewood, nice work.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.