Programmable Thermostats and Radiant Heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnxtreme

Jan 22, 2007
I have a 2100 sq. ft home with an, in floor radiant system, sandwich style, the tubes were installed in 1-1/2" of cement poured over a sub floor with sleepers and 1/2" fifnshed plywood over the cement and 1-1/2" sleepers @ 16" oc. My burner is a propane fired Baxi burner, no storage, it fires on demand for domestic hot water and/or radiant flooring as needed. We did the tubes and pour ourself, and had an HVAC guy do all the manifold, Baxi instal, and hook ups. He told me to use regular thermostats vs. programmable as the system takes too long to warm up, so we would see more saving just leaving them on 68 all winter. Can anyone shed any light on this, should I go programmable, and if so any tips on programming for radiant systems. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.