Programmable timer for Accentra?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Proulx06

Oct 2, 2013
Southern NH
Now that our little ones are in school, there's nobody in the house from 7am to about 5pm. I know I can run it on room or stove temp mode...but my options seem to be to heat the house all day or keep it in low all day and then have everyone come home to a cold house.

My ideal solution would be to have it turn on at 4pm and have the house toasty when we all roll in.

Would I be correct that the simplest way to do that would be some sort of programmable power strip like this?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002TQUF1W/?tag=hearthamazon-20

If you have a late model Accentra that is designed for a UPS shutdown a programmable switch will work. I have the older model Accentra which will not automatically shutdown when on UPS power. If the power is cutoff the stove will not shutdown gracefully and the house fills with smoke.

Simple,put a programmable thermostat inline with the room sensor.When the tstat shuts off,stove will go into error mode and shut down.When it calls for heat,it will clear itself,stove will start.There are many threads here about doing this,search harman and thermostat.

Do what Bob says. It will work fine. My p43 has a programmable thermostat wired into the room sensor and it works great. Just like on a furnace. I leave the P43 turned to room temp at 85 degrees and use the wall thermostat to do all the temperature control. Been like that for 3 years. When I want to turn the Harman on or off I use the on/off switch on the stat. With a wifi stat you could actually turn the stove on with you smartphone. The stat is set to bump the temp from 65 to 73 at 4:00PM and we have arrived at 4:15 to the stove ramping up the heat. It's set to ramp down at 11:30 to 65 and the furnace is set to keep the house at 68 for the evening. One bitter cold night 2 years ago the stove came on in the middle of the night. I happen to get up for a nature call and it dawned on me the furnace wasn't running. Come to find out the igniter in the furnace went out at the stove had taken over. I turned the P43 up to 70 and went back to bed with a smile. Fixed the furnace 3 days later. With day temp at 0 and lows at -20 the P43 kept my 2200 sq ft house at 70 with the help of 2 small electric cube heaters on the other side of the house.
Ron

IMG_0361.PNG
I was lucky enough to get this from a gentleman in NH, I have one of my P35i's set up with it. I have it set for a 8 degree swing, the thermostat basically acts as a time clock. With this set up you do not get any error codes.

Got my stat on sale for 20 bucks at Menards and hooked it up in minutes. The error code means nothing. The setup is Harman's suggested way of doing it. Been running flawlessly for years and it looks nice on the wall.
Ron

Reactions: Mt Bob
Status
Not open for further replies.