Progress Hybrid Bypass Door Warped

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cfuerst

Oct 30, 2013
Hopewell Junction, NY
I have a 3yr old Progress Hybrid that it appears has a warped bypass door. I started to notice, this year, that I wasn't able to fully turn the bypass handle on the stove. When I opened it to clean the cat I noticed that there was a sizable gap with the bypass closed. When I removed the door it is noticeably warped. Has anyone else experienced this on the Progress Hybrid? I've never had any real problems with stove temperatures. It usually runs between 400 and 500 degrees (stovetop temp). I do need a new gasket as well but I'm surprised that the cast iron would warp in such a short time.

A quick call to Woodstock and I would guess your issue will be resolved. I seem to remember hearing of this before and that Woodstock took care of it quickly.

I have a 3yr old Progress Hybrid that it appears has a warped bypass door. I started to notice, this year, that I wasn't able to fully turn the bypass handle on the stove. When I opened it to clean the cat I noticed that there was a sizable gap with the bypass closed. When I removed the door it is noticeably warped. Has anyone else experienced this on the Progress Hybrid? I've never had any real problems with stove temperatures. It usually runs between 400 and 500 degrees (stovetop temp). I do need a new gasket as well but I'm surprised that the cast iron would warp in such a short time.
My door also warped after about 6 years, but mine wouldn't slide out. Had to buy cobalt drill bits to drill a series of holes down the middle to make it like swiss cheese so it could be bent, broken, and pried out. Customer service seemed to agree this was the way to go, though I also cut it part way with angel grinder.