Q&A Proper Pipe for Patriot Stove

QandA Posted By QandA, Dec 22, 2002 at 2:20 PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QandA

    New Member 2.
    Staff Member

    Nov 27, 2012

    I bought a new patriot stove last week, have not purchase the chimmney yet. Could you info me on what parts I need so I do not look like a fool when I ask. What about the double walls and triple walls. Can you feel the heat on the outside of these pipe


    Is this the stove you have? If so, you will want to use a 6" interior diameter Type-HT chimney and either Double-Wall connector pipe or 22-guage Single-Wall connector pipe, depending on clearances between the pipe and combustible walls and/or ceilings. You asked about Triple-Wall pipe on another thread. I didn't realize you were installing a woodstove. Triple-Wall usually means air insulated pipe and MOST of this type of pipe is not intended for use with a woodstove like the Patriot. However, there are some Triple-Wall pipes that use an insulation blanket and air and are tested to the Type-HT specs. Duravent/Duraplus comes to mind. Take your time. There are literally hundreds of different types of pipes out there. Make sure you understand the differences. If you ask your local dealer they should be able to provide you with the correct type of pipe. Several brands will work with the Patriot.Double-Wall connector pipe is NOT chimney pipe and should only be used to "connect" the stove collar outlet to the chimney pipe -- thus the name "Connector pipe". Connector is also available in Single-wall (often called "stove pipe") but many manufacturers recommend Double-Wall for reduced clearances. You should have a manual with the stove that will tell you what Double-Wall pipe brands have been approved for that stove.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page