Proper way to transport a Hearthstone Equinox

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Highbeam

Minister of Fire
Dec 28, 2006
Mt. Rainier Foothills, WA
Just in case anybody plans to move the monster 700 lb EQ stove. I bet these guys can be hired cheap!

Not sure that I would want this 5000$+ stove hanging off the back of a flatbed with a strap over the top. Makes me cringe seing the strap tightened over the door handle.

These were taken by me last week driving beside the Tacoma Dome.

Attachments

• IMAG0354.jpg
    IMAG0354.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 222
  • IMAG0355.jpg
    IMAG0355.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 198
  • IMAG0356.jpg
    IMAG0356.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 198
I wouldn't want to see him slam on the brakes, but it looks like the stove is secured from any neck-snapping acceleration. I would have it on a skid and up against the front of the truck, but it's not going anywhere, only in a bad situation. I used to move a 110,000 lb excavator quite a bit, with two chains on each track and one across the stick. For looks only.

Hope they didn't have to make any short stops. There doesn't appear to be anything to stop forward momentum.

I do know a couple of cops that would write an unsecured load ticket. That surely wouldn't be legal here.

Back there that stove gets every bump at it's worse.WOW!

Today I learned that I am better at transporting stoves than the 'professionals.'

Status
Not open for further replies.