Prowatt SW600 600 Watt True Sinewave Inverter???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A word of caution on sizing a UPS for a pellet stove. I tried an APC UPS in the neighborhood of 600W, and it would go into shutdown as soon as the stove started up b/c the combined power consumption of the motors with the ignitor on was close to the UPS rated output. That really caught me by surprise. I've since switched to an 1000W model.

Consider checking the specs on your stove first, or measure the startup power with something like a "kill-a-watt" meter.

Good luck - Carl

LI-Mini-Owner said:
A word of caution on sizing a UPS for a pellet stove. I tried an APC UPS in the neighborhood of 600W, and it would go into shutdown as soon as the stove started up b/c the combined power consumption of the motors with the ignitor on was close to the UPS rated output. That really caught me by surprise. I've since switched to an 1000W model.

Consider checking the specs on your stove first, or measure the startup power with something like a "kill-a-watt" meter.

Good luck - Carl
Thanks!

The stove has a 6A fuse.
Book says max watts is 460@120v or 3.8A. (Igniter/fans/auger)
The book also states that standard use is 200W@120v or 1.7A

How does this compare to your stove?

lessoil,

I don't know how old your stove is, but something to consider when I bought my harmon I was informed that using other than the Harmon UPC would void warenty. So if you really need it you might want to consider buying the harmon one, even though it is expensive.

lessoil said:
LI-Mini-Owner said:

Good luck - Carl
Thanks!

The stove has a 6A fuse.
Book says max watts is 460@120v or 3.8A. (Igniter/fans/auger)
The book also states that standard use is 200W@120v or 1.7A

How does this compare to your stove?

I dug up the measurements I made on my stove: 470Watts during startup. Unfortunately I don't recall the exact size of UPS I had problems with.

Status
Not open for further replies.