Pulled the trigger on the Ravelli RV80

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Oh ok good deal, several folks here that are pretty sharp with the Ravelli's in case you have any questions. How was Stoves N Stuff to deal with, just wondering in case I ever need parts they may be another source.

I installed my stove and nobody showed me how to set up the RDS. Flying blind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I installed my stove and nobody showed me how to set up the RDS. Flying blind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was the same for me but with the help of some folks here and info I found online it was easy.

Hello my husband and I recently purchased a Ravelli RV80 and are having some issues understanding the controls. We have the room temp set to 73 degrees with the comfort clima on however our display reads 98 degrees. We can't figure out why the display reads that high when the room is really 71 degrees

Hello my husband and I recently purchased a Ravelli RV80 and are having some issues understanding the controls. We have the room temp set to 73 degrees with the comfort clima on however our display reads 98 degrees. We can't figure out why the display reads that high when the room is really 71 degrees
My need to pull the temp sensor out away from the stove if you haven't yet. There is extra wire tied inside the stove that allows the sensor to be moved away from the stove a couple feet.

My need to pull the temp sensor out away from the stove if you haven't yet. There is extra wire tied inside the stove that allows the sensor to be moved away from the stove a couple feet.
I'm on my 4th season now with my RV 100c. Always had the temp sensor on the back and never touched it. It always read three or four degrees different from my room thermometer that's 12 feet away from the stove. So this year I moved the stove sensor away but there's only about three feet of wire. There's no way the rv80 should be reading 98 Degrees no matter where the sensor is unless it's sitting in front of the stove fan. If its new call the dealer it doesn't cost anything.

Thank you rich2500! The owner's manual on this thing is not easiest to understand. We've had the stove for 4 days now and woke up 2 mornings to pellet overflow with no ignition. My husbands pulling his hair out.

I'm on my 4th season now with my RV 100c. Always had the temp sensor on the back and never touched it. It always read three or four degrees different from my room thermometer that's 12 feet away from the stove. So this year I moved the stove sensor away but there's only about three feet of wire. There's no way the rv80 should be reading 98 Degrees no matter where the sensor is unless it's sitting in front of the stove fan. If its new call the dealer it doesn't cost anything.
Thank you I will call the dealer too

Thank you rich2500! The owner's manual on this thing is not easiest to understand. We've had the stove for 4 days now and woke up 2 mornings to pellet overflow with no ignition. My husbands pulling his hair out.
Yup the confusing manual and controller is the biggest reason I sold my Ravelli, They are also a real chore to deep clean.

Yup the confusing manual and controller is the biggest reason I sold my Ravelli, They are also a real chore to deep clean.
Wow this is my fifth pellet stove and the Ravelli RV100C is by far the best stove I have owned. Simple to keep clean. Only clean it every four or five days takes 15 minutes. With all the posts about the Harmon's, I don't see why anyone likes them seems like they always have issues

Reactions: Ssyko
You aren't doing a deep clean in 15 mins.
Remove Firex panels clean behind them
Remove side panels to get into the exhaust passages
Remove exhaust blower to clean it
Clean heat exchanger tubes
Plus your normal vacuuming and glass cleaning.
I have had 4 stoves myself and the Ravelli was by far the hardest to deep clean. Not saying it wasn't a good stove just a pain to deep clean. Oh and I was a Harman anti at one time also but I will eat crow and say my Allure is a slick stove.

Last edited:
You aren't doing a deep clean in 15 mins.
Remove Firex panels clean behind them
Remove side panels to get into the exhaust passages
Remove exhaust blower to clean it
Clean heat exchanger tubes
Plus your normal vacuuming and glass cleaning.
I have had 4 stoves myself and the Ravelli was by far the hardest to deep clean. Not saying it wasn't a good stove just a pain to deep clean. Oh and I was a Harman anti at one time also but I will eat crow and say my Allure is a slick stove.
Why would you ever do a deep clean except for once a year? Mine runs perfectly throughout the season burning 4 to 5 ton. Anybody that does a deep clean more then at the end of the season is crazy in my opinion. I liken it to people that change their motor oil every 3000 Miles when the manual says 7500 miles. I never remove the exhaust blower. Big waste of time. When I remove the exhaust blower my other pellet stoves after burning about 30 ton it was a total waste of time no build-up of anything. When I installed my own RV100 c I have duravent 3-in 2 ft through the wall thimble to a double T and up 15 feet. I chose the TT this time because I can put my three in Shop-Vac into the vertical TT opening and suck out anything that's in the exhaust blower eliminating any reason to remove the exhaust blower. I have never experienced build up on the exhaust blower when I have removed them in the past.

Last edited:
That's your opinion but most manufactures recommend after each ton. Overkill, probably especially if you burn good pellets definitely not if burning crap pellets. Either way if doing a proper deep clean on a Ravelli it's a chore whether it's once twice or 10 times a year, again not that means it's not a good stove.

Reactions: Ssyko
That's your opinion but most manufactures recommend after each ton. Overkill, probably especially if you burn good pellets definitely not if burning crap pellets. Either way if doing a proper deep clean on a Ravelli it's a chore whether it's once twice or 10 times a year, again not that means it's not a good stove.
Are you kidding me cleaning after 1 ton. You must be drinking the Kool-Aid

Ok you win LOL
Now back on topic for the OP

Attachments

• 20191025_164041.jpg
    20191025_164041.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 162
  • 20191025_164028.jpg
    20191025_164028.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 155
  • 20191025_164019.jpg
    20191025_164019.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 155
  • 20191025_163946.jpg
    20191025_163946.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 157
  • 20191025_163939.jpg
    20191025_163939.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 157
Very nice ceramic flooring I hope

Hi. I recently purchased a Ravelli RV80. It was working great, but suddenly stopped. No power at all to the unit. I can't seem find anyone here in MA willing/able to look at it. I replaced the fuse on the circuit board, but I can't seem to find any other reset switches. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Do you have power to the outlet the stove is plugged into, have you unplugged the cord on the back of the stove and plugged it back in, have you tried unplugging the touch screen and plugging it back in.

Do you have power to the outlet the stove is plugged into, have you unplugged the cord on the back of the stove and plugged it back in, have you tried unplugging the touch screen and plugging it back in.

I have not tried unplugging the display. I will try that when I get home. Thanks.

RV80 I chipped the top of the lower tile! Ugh!

I like to share my experience install a Ravelli RV80 pellet stove. It’s also 2” off center.

Start with the off-center issue. The new pipe doesn’t allow you to twist the angle of the 45 and 90s. So to get things together I end up off-center by 2”. The old one did allow this minor change. Oh well a 20” stove in front of 53” stone face. You can’t see it.

Now for how I Chip the Lower Tile! The side rail from the factory should have told me it was going to happen. I saw one in the showroom with a chip tile. The top bolt on the right rail was cross threaded at a 45-degree angle. Something in my 40 years of playing with wrenches I never saw. The grove the bolt sits in was to narrow for the bolt to hit the hole. I pulled out my grinder and modified it to work. Fix the threads and got the bolt in right. And the threads worked! I was amazed that work for me. Next, I should of knew. The tile was just put in and the door wouldn’t open. Pull harder! Chip the Tile!! Ugh! The lower hinge does up and down movement of the door. The top does more for side-to-side lean of the door. From the factory they leave it in the full down position. Ugh!

I thing Ravelli should know this hinge issue by know and us a spacer block on the assemble line to hold the door above the tile. Or the dealer with $$$$ of mine should have said something when I pick it up. They knew I was installing it myself.

Yes, this is me just venting a little. But, in hopes catching someone before it happens to them. I really do love the stove and all it’s features. I wonder if the dealer I do something for me or will it be nail polish fix?