Pump sizing.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ken999

Jan 3, 2009
Southern Adirondacks
I took delivery of a e 2300 today. When I spoke with my dealer this AM he mentioned that he was sending a 014 Taco for my system. I was under impression that a 007 would be sufficient. I called the factory hoping to get in touch with the tech I've been dealing with, but got his voicemail. Before he could get back to me, the delivery truck came and went. After speaking with the tech, he spec'd a 007 looking at CB's hydronic selection guide. So, I've got differing opinions on what pump I need.

Any suggestions?

I'm running 80' of 1 1/4" ThermoPEX to the house, 50' of PEX in the house to the oil boiler, and my e 2300 will be roughly 8' above my existing boiler downstairs. We are planning to hook direct to my boiler, no HX.

The 007 is only good for about 10' of head max , while the 0014 is good for over 20. I think your 007 would be close to maxed out, resulting in inadequate flow (GPM would be down around 4 at 8 ' head for the 007). The 0014 should live a long happy life.

Status
Not open for further replies.