Pur Heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mikkeeh

Feeling the Heat
Dec 7, 2011
NE Ohio
Pre ordered through Rural King, under the assumption they were getting EasyHeats. You know what happens when we “assume”? Well.....I had probably had 15/100 bags with holes in them. These we all towards the center of the pallet, so it was not storage damage. Probably another 10 tore while unloading. These are packaged in clear bags. The fines seem excessive, and these pellets have a strange odor. Not the nice wood odor you normally get, but almost a petroleum type smell. It actually stinks. Haven’t burn enough to determine how ashy, but they are really hard to light. I’ve only tried them in my P43, but it usually lights off without an issue. Not with these. Overall....if you have an opportunity to buy these......run and don’t look back. Not at all impressed. They we cheap...but you get what you pay for.

Attachments

• E06722B2-9BFE-42EE-B8B3-A9B11D0AE122.jpeg
    E06722B2-9BFE-42EE-B8B3-A9B11D0AE122.jpeg
    160.3 KB · Views: 231
Morning Mikkeeh! Where you located in NE Ohio? I've been using Menards in Massillon the last 4 years. Carry Somersets almost exclusively. A few tons of Magic Spark and Michigan Wood Pellets too. Last years Sets burnt REAL clean, year before were rather ashy. But, they always burn good and hot! This year they started out @ $250 ton, down to $200 now. Running 11% off this week. I see by their app( which works great) that they're down to 6 tons in stock, from 60 ton. They move alot of pellets. They are the cheapest around here by far with a decent pellet. Hartville Hardware has Sets for $272, and everything else is about the same. Did find Cozi Heat ( made in SugarCreek Ohio by SugarCreek Shavings), @ $195 a ton thru September, @ the factory. Hartville Contractor Supply has them for $209 right now. I haven't tried these yet.

Morning Mikkeeh! Where you located in NE Ohio? I've been using Menards in Massillon the last 4 years. Carry Somersets almost exclusively. A few tons of Magic Spark and Michigan Wood Pellets too. Last years Sets burnt REAL clean, year before were rather ashy. But, they always burn good and hot! This year they started out @ $250 ton, down to $200 now. Running 11% off this week. I see by their app( which works great) that they're down to 6 tons in stock, from 60 ton. They move alot of pellets. They are the cheapest around here by far with a decent pellet. Hartville Hardware has Sets for $272, and everything else is about the same. Did find Cozi Heat ( made in SugarCreek Ohio by SugarCreek Shavings), @ $195 a ton thru September, @ the factory. Hartville Contractor Supply has them for $209 right now. I haven't tried these yet.

In Mount Vernon. Local hardware had Sets last year.....but ran out before thanksgiving, and nevergot more. Rural king had Easy Heat and American Hardwoods.....but had zero in stock after Dec 1. Never got any more. Haven’t tried Menards. Closest is about 30 miles. Bought most last year from stove store....usually about 40/ton mor3 than big box.....but you can usually be sure they have something in stock. My preference would beSets......but hard to find.