Purchased Enviro -Empress - Geat - CAN NOT Get pellets @ all!! S.E. Mass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phil san

Jul 15, 2008
South Shore, MA
Finally purchased an Enviro - Empress fireplace insert. $3k worth of metal and only pellets I can find are cat food.!!

Have tried South shore pellets, pellets direct, boston pellets and NO one returns a call. Tried different names, phone numbers and email.

Been a wood burner for decades, wish I never made the purchase. Any advice? The sites all say Oct or Dec delivery.

pellets direct is really out? I was just there last week picking up my 2 tons of Lignetics, and they had hundreds of pallets available.... I would try them again.

Pellets direct - All they had till Dec was the Granule L&G;.

Thought those were not so good to use. ??

I am new to pellets myself, so I can't speak on the quality of LGs. But, right now, they may be better than nothing! Maybe just buy a ton for now to get you thru the first part of the heating season, then (hopefully) when the manufacturers get caught up you can buy the rest of your supply of the brand of your choice.

oil is down 17 bucks a barrel.

Not yet - $90. delivery forgot what the price was - but high.

I figure - someone has to make some pellets by mid Sept. Makes sense if they want to make $$$$.

phil san said:
Not yet - $90. delivery forgot what the price was - but high.

I figure - someone has to make some pellets by mid Sept. Makes sense if they want to make $$$$.

They would need sawdust to make pellets. housing is down like oil is today.

Alot of places have not taken their new shipments yet.....I know first hand of a few places around here that will be getting their first shipments for the new season withing the week or two.

phil san said:
Finally purchased an Enviro - Empress fireplace insert. $3k worth of metal and only pellets I can find are cat food.!!

Have tried South shore pellets, pellets direct, boston pellets and NO one returns a call. Tried different names, phone numbers and email.

Been a wood burner for decades, wish I never made the purchase. Any advice? The sites all say Oct or Dec delivery.

Depending where on the south shore you are, try your local dealers and feed stores too.
Some of them in my area still have pellets in stock or are taking orders for fall delivery.

gw2kpro said:
johnnywarm said:

Man, I hope it keeps it up. Another 60 dollars down and it can compete with the price of pellets!

Don't count on it, I think oil is going to be very vaulatle for years to come, inflation, low dollor, demand from other countries like China is not going to decrease.......

gw2kpro said:
johnnywarm said:

Man, I hope it keeps it up. Another 60 dollars down and it can compete with the price of pellets!

Don't count on it, I think oil is going to be very volatile for years to come, inflation, low dollar, demand from other countries like China is not going to decrease.......

Oil may be going down now but what I think will happen is come this fall there will suddenly be a shortage of heating oil, diesal fuel as the companies gear up for winter supply. The usuall things that happen every fall but this time with the price of oil staying so high all summer oil will either go up more or at least stay high. Not sure about in the USA but here in Canada diesal fuel has been pretty steady not hardly an 8 cents per gallon change for the last few weeks.

phil san said:

Who said that? I burned a ton through my stove the first year
I had it. There are other pellets I've tried since that produced a little
more heat or so it seemed to me anyway, but I would not rule them out.
Batches of any brand are not consistent. Just keep that in mind
when listening to the hoopla about any particular brand being
bad or good for that matter.

I'd also call or swing by south shore wood pellet in holbrook.
I recall their web site listing Corinth brand as being available
in August.

zeta said:
phil san said:

With oil at 450 a gallon wait till you see what you get in your pellet to fill the demand.

zeta said:
phil san said:

Yes - I understand the negatives and positive opinions throughout the forums. I found minimal on the L &G;excepting one comment
as to a lower burn and clinkers. However, I have found now 3 sources that have them and the LG granule only-
which makes me wonder why in a high demand climate.

I'd also call or swing by south shore wood pellet in holbrook.
I recall their web site listing Corinth brand as being available
in August.

Batch to batch can provide different results. Stove to stove
can provide different results. If LG were all that was available
to me I'd have no problem buying them.

Status
Not open for further replies.