What's wrong with my Enviro Empress Wood Pellet Insert???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cowgirl

Oct 30, 2008
Central MA
Purchased an Enviro Empress wood pellet insert this past June. I bought the stove to save on heating costs.
I thought dealers install price was high and took delivery and a friend helped me install it.
After the stove ran about 2 days, no problem. It became warmer outside so we shut it down. Upon restart I'm having problems. High Temp Switch engaged and the stove shut off. According to the owner's manual I'm to call the dealer and have them come in and reset the high limit switch. Called dealer, husband & wife. Wife very rude. Husband OK on the phone but tells me he can't come to the house because he is two weeks behind on his installs. (In other words, you didn't pay us 1200.00 for install so your on your own.) I paid nearly 4000.00 for this unit . I'm a little upset. I live about 1.5 miles from the dealer. If he does come to the house he wants 90.00 per hour. Then told me he doesn't get reimbursed for travel time. What travel time???? Dealer also told me that he tells all his cash & carry customers (meaning those like me) that they can return the stove for a full refund. OK. I threw out the carton and the crate. Now What?
I called the manufacturer in Canada. They refered me to a company in Randolph, MA. They were very nice, but I have to call back on Thursday to see what they suggest. Any Ideas??

Well, I hate to say this, but since you did the install, all the dealer is responsible for is fixing/replacing parts. The service call is going to be on you.

I think his comment about travel time was a general comment....not about the trip to your house in particular. They only get paid for the time from when they walk in the door until they they leave, IMO. He's lucky you live so close.

As far as going to another dealer, how far away are they? If you decide to go w/ them, make sure to double check that they don't charge for their travel time....they might if your far away.

And if you took the dealer up on his offer for a refund, I don't think they would expect you to still be holding onto the shipping crate.....that's unrealistic. I think they would take it as it is, as long as you have everything that came with it.

My 2 cents.

Good catch there Rap...that may be just what she needs, and if she can install it herself, maybe problem solved.

What error light came on.
do you have it on a stat
if so Hi low mode or On and off mode.

did you reset the hi limit switch and retry the stove?
it is just a red button in the middle of the switch on the the right side behind the panel.
If your room air blower failed for some reason the switch would trip.

macman said:
Good catch there Rap...that may be just what she needs, and if she can install it herself, maybe problem solved.

The wonders of Google!!! Put in a search term an it leads us right back to this forum. This place kicks A$$.

I see you're in Central Mass. try calling Royal Fireside in Uxbridge. I'll bet that Ian there can help you out.

Cowgirl what did you figure out.

If you installed the stove your self you would be able to reset the switch
Just pull off the surround panel

Locat the Limit switch
it is on YOUR right on the back side of the unit

See attachment #3

has two wires and between the two wires is a RED bottom
if you push on it is will snap and reset
if not this is not the problem

Attachments

• empress_insert_exployed.jpg
    empress_insert_exployed.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 464
is it possible for the stove to coke back on after the high temp switch has tripped without resetting? My guess would be no. My stove works great buy when I shut it down to clean and then turn it back on it will turn on I Hear the blower and then shuts down. The 2nd light I think flashes. I have cleaned out stove top to bottom and I turn it on and it cuts back off. I unplug let it sit for a second and then it works fine. Any ideas? Thanks

cowgirl said:
Purchased an Enviro Empress wood pellet insert this past June. I bought the stove to save on heating costs.
I thought dealers install price was high and took delivery and a friend helped me install it.
After the stove ran about 2 days, no problem. It became warmer outside so we shut it down. Upon restart I'm having problems. High Temp Switch engaged and the stove shut off. According to the owner's manual I'm to call the dealer and have them come in and reset the high limit switch. Called dealer, husband & wife. Wife very rude. Husband OK on the phone but tells me he can't come to the house because he is two weeks behind on his installs. (In other words, you didn't pay us 1200.00 for install so your on your own.) I paid nearly 4000.00 for this unit . I'm a little upset. I live about 1.5 miles from the dealer. If he does come to the house he wants 90.00 per hour. Then told me he doesn't get reimbursed for travel time. What travel time???? Dealer also told me that he tells all his cash & carry customers (meaning those like me) that they can return the stove for a full refund. OK. I threw out the carton and the crate. Now What?
I called the manufacturer in Canada. They refered me to a company in Randolph, MA. They were very nice, but I have to call back on Thursday to see what they suggest. Any Ideas??

DId you purchase this stove in Ashland?
THe Randolph Company Does not sell to homeowners only to merchants.

Status
Not open for further replies.