Purchased Insert & Liner - couple questions....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skitheeast

Sep 25, 2012
Hi Everyone,
Well, we purchased the Hampton HI300 as well as a forever flex liner kit. The liner is a 6" 316ti and is .005 thickness. We asked for a terra cotta top plate and the thicker liner, (.006), however, we recieved the .005 and the no sag / no leak top plate. My question is whether or not I should ship this stuff back and get what I originally wanted? My friend who has done installs before said that we could make the no sag top plate work with a little modification. I don't know if I want to chance it. Our chimney is masonry on outside of house with a stone cap. The other question is what is the proper height from top of flue / liner to cap? I'm thinking that if we put the terra cotta top on, we may have to raise the stone cap one course.

Status
Not open for further replies.