Pyroclassic Wood Heater

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
Hearth Supporter
I don't recall seeing any posts about this one. I want one to play with!!

Pretty cool little stove. Wonder how that ceramic fire box holds up over a few years?

Reactions: BrowningBAR
I wonder that also. One of my neighbors built his house at the same time as we built ours. He was so proud of that big fire the crap out of it once every twenty-four hours wood heater with water storage installed in the basement as the house was built. The custom cast refractory in the firebox fell apart after one season and couldn't be replaced. And the thing had to be cut up with a torch and hauled out a piece at a time. He has heated with propane for the 30 years since then.

I wonder what type of heat comes off of the stove. Hard to tell the size of firebox, also.

Tell him to bring it to DC, but better get it on the plane soon.

I could save him the freight cost back to Oz.

In DC I asked Jason about this heater and he said they have been making it for about 30 years now. He said it's NZ's number one stove. That is quite an honor from the country that also makes the Kent. Evidently durability is not an issue with whatever refractory they have selected. Seems like a decent design and they warrant the firebox for 15yrs.. Still I wouldn't go slamming logs in there.

http://www.pyroclassic.co.nz/

Status
Not open for further replies.