QF Castile: Auger Keeps Turning After Call Light is Off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Do you have a manual for this stove? If not, I would download one from Quads website. kap

Any recommendations on where and how much to spend for Quadrafire control box for my Castile insert. I understand that all the 3 speed other QF control boxes work except for AE model.

Any recommendations on where and how much to spend for Quadrafire control box for my Castile insert. I understand that all the 3 speed other QF control boxes work except for AE model.
You need SRV 7000-704. Quad has used many different boards over the years including a different 3 speed for the 80’s classic bay models. You could get one on stovepartsunlimitted, Amazon, or heck, you could order one from my store if you wanted.

Today, I ordered from an ebay vendor: one ("1") SRV 7000-704 control box for $219.94 (with free shipping). The new control box should arrive next Wednesday, 03212018. Once the control box arrives, I will install it and go through the cycles to make sure it works properly. And, then let all of the supportive Hearth.com participants know about my progress. Thanks again for all the help (and sanity checks in getting this stove sorted out).

PS I learned a tremendous amount from all of you in troubleshooting this pellet stove.

PPS Overfireinthe hole, I did not realize that you had store. What is your store's name and website address? If I had known, I would have probably ordered it from you (ooops). Once I get your contact info, I will keep you in my contacts section for future parts needs.

You need SRV 7000-704. Quad has used many different boards over the years including a different 3 speed for the 80’s classic bay models. You could get one on stovepartsunlimitted, Amazon, or heck, you could order one from my store if you wanted.

Today, I ordered from an ebay vendor: one ("1") SRV 7000-704 control box for $219.94 (with free shipping). The new control box should arrive next Wednesday, 03212018. Once the control box arrives, I will install it and go through the cycles to make sure it works properly. And, then let all of the supportive Hearth.com participants know about my progress. Thanks again for all the help (and sanity checks in getting this stove sorted out).

PS I learned a tremendous amount from all of you in troubleshooting this pellet stove.

PPS Overfireinthe hole, I did not realize that you had store. What is your store's name and website address? If I had known, I would have probably ordered it from you (ooops). Once I get your contact info, I will keep you in my contacts section for future parts needs.
Dang! That’s high. I think I sell them for $150

New control box came in and I installed it. Auger is now correctly cycling but we now have new issues. I will start a new thread on these new issues.

Hello,
Thanks for the exchange on the auger malfunction - very informative. I have a slightly similar situation with my quad Fire Mt Vernon (not AE) where the stove would not feed nor ignite when cold, so I changed the vacuum switch. The stove would then not stop feeding, igniter still not glowing. Now, after unplugging power and replugging, auger won't start. Interestingly, the exhaust fan no longer shuts off after 15 minutes when stove doesn't ignite.

Control box????
And new igniter?

Thanks for any input,
Michelle

I would unplug stove, pull and reseat the control box, to see if that helps. You can bench test the igniter by plugging into an outlet, using an old lamp cord or such. Just be careful as it gets hot quick. Your stove is the only Quad stove that uses the yellow label 4 speed control box. If you know someone that has similar stove you can try it in or a dealer that can, will tell you if it is in fact the control box. With the info you provided, it is looking like the control box took a hit. kap

Hello Kap!
FIrst, many thanks for your reply both informative and reassuring. I was getting slightly worked up with all the snap disc talk from similar threads.
I followed your instructions (bless your heart): wouldn't you know it, the igniter DOES work! Super!
The control box is confused, even after removing and putting back in: no power to the igniter and constant feed to the auger. A new one is on its way and this is an easy install - again, super.
Any ideas why the thing went? The stove has never overheated but maybe it should be power-surge protected?? At the moment, she is plugged directly into the wall socket.

Thanks again for your wise words of advice, especially at such a busy time of the year. Happy Christmas and all the best for 2019.
Thanks for all you do on this forum.
Cheers,
Michelle

Dang! That’s high. I think I sell them for $150
Hi there,
Do you ship to Canada ?
You seem to have really good prices AND know your stuff.
That same box cost me close to $500 with shipping and duty and will take 3-4 weeks to arrive. The local store wanted $650, 6-8 weeks delivery and they frequently cite the wrong part number - they are scary. Although very polite.
So I am trying to network!
Thanks,
Michelle

Hello Kap!
FIrst, many thanks for your reply both informative and reassuring. I was getting slightly worked up with all the snap disc talk from similar threads.
I followed your instructions (bless your heart): wouldn't you know it, the igniter DOES work! Super!
The control box is confused, even after removing and putting back in: no power to the igniter and constant feed to the auger. A new one is on its way and this is an easy install - again, super.
Any ideas why the thing went? The stove has never overheated but maybe it should be power-surge protected?? At the moment, she is plugged directly into the wall socket.

Thanks again for your wise words of advice, especially at such a busy time of the year. Happy Christmas and all the best for 2019.
Thanks for all you do on this forum.
Cheers,
Michelle

I would use a surge protector. Not having one could have caused this, or the box just went on its own. kap

I would use a surge protector. Not having one could have caused this, or the box just went on its own. kap

Thanks for your reply: I wish I had thought of this before. Pellet stoves are a lesson in humility, for me at least!
Michelle