Quad Castile Overheats on High Setting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

scagger

Oct 4, 2008
Central MA
This has been a problem for as long as I've owned this stove. I can only run it on high for maybe 15 minutes and then the hi-temp snap disk will trip. The height of the flame isn't much higher than it would be running on medium I'm guessing the feed rate is probably ok. The snap disk is relatively new so I would highly doubt that is the issue. Anyone else have this issue with the Castile insert?

Anything partially plugged in the exhaust path, so the stove will overheat? Convection fan dirty so it isn't running at the speed it should be, or getting old? kap

If the flame isn't much more on high then med. I don't see how it can be over feeding, or over heating the stove. Is this #2 or #3 disc that is tripping?

And fairly new or new, doesn't mean it is good, in terms of snap disc. kap

Reactions: Ssyko