Quad Castile problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kick1956

Jul 8, 2018
Colorado Springs
Hello all, I'm new here and I've been getting information from this site to fix my stove so I decided to join. My problem is I have a Quadrafire Castile free standing stove that won't fire up. It was running fine last time I turned it on. When I turn it on the fan comes on but no auger movement or lights come on in the control box. I've replaced the control box once already and it worked fine, I clean it every 2-3 weeks and the firepot every 2 days. I've had to replaced the thermo coupler already also. The control box did blink amber 3 times several times and I had to pull it out to get to the vacuum hose to check it and the vacuum switch, but now no lights. This stove is 3 years old. It is vented out the back and into my chimney, there is only 2-90 degree 90's in the piping other than th 90 on the back of the stove. The chimney is lined with a 6" liner and about 25' tall. I've had the chimney cleaned once already, (I'm semi disabled to where I can't get on the roof anymore). I just put all this info in my post so you would kind of see what my set up is. Boy, any ideas as to what to look for it so would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Blinking Amber light usually means bad thermocouple or the white cover got pushed out and the end of the wire is not at the end of the inside of the thermocouple white cover.
See video on CB1200 same control Box as your Quadrafire Castile.

Pic Below shows clear control box with Amber Light blinking

Attachments

• C1764C84-5112-4153-AA2B-985818F09F93.png
    C1764C84-5112-4153-AA2B-985818F09F93.png
    505.7 KB · Views: 200
Last edited: