Quad CB1200 Not feeding Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Themlruts

Sep 16, 2012
I picked up a used CB and been working great for a couple days. Now it turns on and combustion blower runs but not feeding pellets. I have jumped out both the reed switch for the hopper and the Vacuum switch with no result. The black and red wire that come out of the control box that hooks to the vacuum what voltage should i have there? I am assuming i should have 120V ac. I have nothing Is there a fuse for that? Bad Controller board?
Thanks for the the help in advance

Just as an update it looks like I blew the fuse that is soldered to the board. I have removed that and jumped it for test purposes and it is now feeding pellets but continuously. Based on further research looks like I could have a bad transistor.
I have both the fuse and transitor on order. Should be here Monday.

Transistor or triac? Transisters are on the low voltage side of the board and rarely go bad( not that they can’t) but its rare. Triacs and relays are common.

Reactions: kappel15
;) Ok cool. Sounds like your on the right path.

Bad tcouple is where my money would be. Take the cover off the end and look for cracks. If it’s feeding nonstop without sending power to the igniter then either your tcouple is telling the board that the stove has reached 600 Dgf when it hasn’t or the board is not reading the tcouple correctly, both of which I’ve seen. I don’t rebuild boards so if it’s the board, I’m not sure what to look at. Ssyco is the only person I know that rebuilds those. He’s a wizard.

Just read your post again. If it’s feeding even with the call light off it’s definitely a board issue.

How old is your stove/board? Is the box Cream, black or see through?

Im not 100% sure on the black ones but i do have a couple on the shelf so i will have to ck. Either way we will have an idea of the vintage of the board. They have changed them with many revisions.

Im not 100% sure on the black ones but i do have a couple on the shelf so i will have to ck. Either way we will have an idea of the vintage of the board. They have changed them with many revisions.
Sorry for the delay getting back. I ended up buying a new controller board and it works fine. I still would like to fix this one. Anyone have other ideas The old box is clear