Quadra Fire 1200 ash into room

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aufdenkamp

Dec 1, 2012
My Quadra Fire 1200 pellet stove has been putting some pellet-fragrance into the room at startup for quite some time, and has just recently started shooting occasional fly ash (fireflies?) into the room from the convection blower. Stove is about 10yrs+ old, vent cleaned last month, cleaning rods move freely, stove is burning well. Where can this ash be coming from?

How good is the convection blower gasket?

My quad's don't have a convection blower gasket. Are you thinking combustion blower?
If you have a leak in the exhaust system near the combustion blower, your convection blower could easily be picking up the fly ash and blowing it out into the room. Time to do some investigating with a flashlight and a smoke source!

If you convection blower is shooting "fireflies" into the room you should stop using it. I would do all trouble shooting outside.

Investigation revealed the cleanout plate on the right side of the back chamber had been left a little loose. Cleaned/reseated, startup looks better. If I make it through all the games tomorrow with no fireflies outside the glass, I'm golden. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.