Quadra-Fire 1200i Convection Blower Issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hunting18

Oct 8, 2019
Michigan
I have a Quadra-Fire 1200i. Up until this year it has worked flawlessly. When I started it this year the convection blower would not turn on. I pulled the wires and jumpered it, when it was jumpered the fan kicked on immediately. I replaced the snapdisk and it still will not kick on without jumpering it. Any thoughts?

What temp snap disk do you have and where is it located?

Below is the information on the snapdisk I bought. They are located towards the top front of the left side.

"Quadrafire 1200 Limit Snap Disc Switch #1 - 812-0320. Quadrafire Reset Snap Disc #1>>> This is a limit switch for Quadrafire Stoves. You'll find your stove working as good as new with this switch. It's very easy to install. Just make sure you unplug your stove before you work on it.>>> This is a NEW part. Fits Models 1200. Rated at 250 Degrees Fahrenheit."

I would test the new snap disc to make sure it works. If it does and it still won't transfer power, I would check the ends of your wires and make sure they are getting a good connection. kap

That temp sounds high, I'd check the pn again. In the current version manual 1200I-C, their pn listed is srv7000-829.

Don't want to hijack your thread, but I'm having the same issue! New snap disc, still never kicks on. If I jump it, starts up immediately.

One trick I tried is that I hooked it up to the snap disc and then took a lighter to the sensor side (carefully made sure I wasn't lighting up the wiring!) and then the fan started up! I suppose my pellet stove is just not getting hot enough to engage the convection fan?

Anyone know what is normal? Should a convection fan start up pretty quickly? Or does it only start up after an hour and the stove is really hot?

Don't want to hijack your thread, but I'm having the same issue! New snap disc, still never kicks on. If I jump it, starts up immediately.

One trick I tried is that I hooked it up to the snap disc and then took a lighter to the sensor side (carefully made sure I wasn't lighting up the wiring!) and then the fan started up! I suppose my pellet stove is just not getting hot enough to engage the convection fan?

Anyone know what is normal? Should a convection fan start up pretty quickly? Or does it only start up after an hour and the stove is really hot?
I was going to try this tonight.

Mine is doing the same thing, just tested the snap disc with a lighter and it worked flawlessly. I'm assuming I must have some Ash built up somewhere that I'm not seeing.

I will let you know if I find an answer.

Is the snap disk secured tight against the metal it is sensing?

Reactions: kappel15
Currently, quad calls for a 100deg switch for the 1200i. The alternative is to relocate your old switch to the exhaust blower housing.

I just wanted to add, I ordered Snap Disc #1 (Part number SRV230-0060) and according to manual where part is listed, mine is rated for 145*F

If it’s a classic bay 1200 insert then it is supposed to have the hundred degree
Interesting. Is there a new part number? My manual had SRV230-0060 so that's what I went with.