Quadra-Fire 5700 update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

charly

Just wanted to let people know, that the Quadra -Fire factory, took good care of me, getting me the right parts for my stove , in a timely matter. The Original parts that came with my new stove were not made right. As far as my dealer, I purchased my stove from, they're still crying about getting the parts switched out as soon as I can so they can get their stinking shipping money back. How about me, I bought a new stove and shelled out over 2 grand for a black box that just sat. What I should have done is just returned the stove and told them they don't have to cry over their shipping money they had to shell out. Once I pick up my new parts, I'll never step foot in that dealers place again. They even told me I'd be wasting my time , calling the factory, when I discovered my stove parts were not right. Poor service on their end. I will recommend to Quadra-Fire that they lose them as dealers. I figured if they're crying over their shipping money being tied up , which can't be more than 75 dollars, they must be on their way out or barely keeping their heads above water. Guess they got my money and didn't want to hear anything else.

It is good news that the company stepped up to the plate and treated you right. Shame on the dealer.

Jags said:
It is good news that the company stepped up to the plate and treated you right. Shame on the dealer.
Yes Jags, I couldn't believe they never even stopped to think how I might feel , not being able to put together a brand new stove, I just bought from them. I'm not here to cry, just wanted to let people know the Quad people were cool! The dealer will get their parts back when I'm good and ready. See how they like wearing the I don't care shoes for a while :lol:

PapaDave said:
I'm glad Quadrafire took care of you.
I'm looking REAL hard at getting the 5700 in a couple years. Things may change by then though.
I'll post how I like my stove, once I get it up and running.

Well, now that you've got what you need, things should progress nicely. Love pics, and info on how folks like their stoves.....this one in particular. :cheese:

I have to say I like my 5700ST a lot...no one is cold in this house BUT this is the only stove I've ever owned so I have nothing to compare it too. The only gripe I have is they gave me a $200 dollar voucher for any Stihl product and I went to use it and it turns out it expired a month after I purchased the stove...Bummer

I have to say I think I like the way ESW handled my defective 30-NC better. Just replaced the sucker. No dealer to hassle with. The people I bought the stove from never even knew it happened.

Enjoy that big ole Quad now that it is straightened out. It is a great stove and big ass steel stoves rule.

BrotherBart said:
I have to say I think I like the way ESW handled my defective 30-NC better. Just replaced the sucker. No dealer to hassle with. The people I bought the stove from never even knew it happened.

Enjoy that big ole Quad now that it is straightened out. It is a great stove and big ass steel stoves rule.
Hopefully I'll be up and running by next weekend. I'll pick up my parts this week. Guy who did my chimney liner felt bad when I told him what I was going thru. He installed over 30 Quads and has never had a problem like I went thru. He was the one who recommended I buy either a Quad or a Fireview. I didn't want to take a chance , undersizing with the fireview. Probaly the new Woodstock would have fit my needs. Anyways my chimney guy is comming back to help me lift this beast back up so I can change out the legs , etc. He said if he new I was going thru this with my dealer and parts , he would have just helped me get the stove back out of the house , returned it, and got my money back. My dealer's attitude was more of a let down than the stove issue's :sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.