Quadra-Fire Castile Insert Brick Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kbjelka

Feeling the Heat
Jul 10, 2008
Western CT
After a cleaning I just noticed Castile insert has a small gap on the far lower right cast brick panel when it is seated. Tried switch the brick panels to see if it was the panel itself but it was the same. It is seated in the tabs but it just settles in with about a 1/16 gap on the lower right. I can see fly as getting sucked in and bouncing around back there and I am a little concerned that the fly ash is getting sucked directly into the exhaust fan intake area. It's not much, maybe a few fly ash embers every few seconds. Is it normal to have a slight gap on the brick panel? Should I be concerned about the ash getting sucked in?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.