Quadra fire E2 ignitor stays on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

chestonh

Mar 13, 2022
colorado
I have a 5 year old Qudra Fire Mt Vernon E2. This winter I had an issue with the fuse on control board blowing. Replaced a few times and got to where it would blow immediately after plugged in. Replaced the Control board and it works well, still had it pop a fuse once but not for a few months. This evening I noticed the ignitor was lit even when the thermostat was not demanding it to fire and stove was in stand by mode. I can see the ignitor glowing red threw the window on the bottom.
When i was having my initial issues with control board I learned I have minimal options for customer service in the location live. My question is does the ignitor stay lit the entire time the stove is actually burning or only during start up. What can be assumed if the ignitor is staying lit all the time when its in stand by mode. Can a control board be repaired without spending 250 on replacement.
Thanks

I don't know your stove model but reading your post a few thoughts come to mind:

1. The ignitor should not stay on all the time. Something is wrong with the control board if it keeps it on continuously. It should only be on at start up. Having it on that long will dramatically shorter the lifespan of the ignitor and you will be spending money replacing it.

2. Blown fuses indicate a short somewhere in the wiring. Find the wiring diagram for you stove, then use it to find the wiring for the blown fuses and then visually inspect the wiring for damage or loose connections.

3. Is your stove plugged in to a good surge protector? Do you have steady power for the stove? I would start by testing the voltage at the outlet that feeds the stove just to make sure nothing crazy is going on that is frying your control board.

Let us know what happens.

Good luck.