Quadra fire fan replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bambam

Feb 15, 2009
south/central Pa
I have a quadra fire 4100 insert and I believe our fan is going out because it only runs on high and it does not blow air like it used to, has anyone replaced one of these fans and can let me know how difficult it is or if my fan is the problem, thanks

There could be a couple of things going on here. Yes, your fan could be going bad. Next, when was the last time you removed the fan from the stove and cleaned the fins? Over time, the fins get clogged with dust and it will no longer put out air as it does when clean. It's not an easy job and I use a compressor with a blow gun. To remedy the problem, I cut pieces of Scotch Brite and tape them over the fan intakes. When they get dirty, remove, rinse, repeat.

All in all, I think the Quad stove blower just stinks. Mine is only three years old and it squeals, rattles, hums, shakes and is noisy as heck.

I will try to take the fan out and clean it, I talked to one of my friends who is in maintenance and he said it is most likely the rheostat going bad from dust or corrosion from being set at one spot for along time which is what we tend to do, so I believe when I clean the fins I will replace the control to see if that fixes our problem and then if it doesn't then I will look into replacing the entire fan unit, thank you for responding to my post

I agree with your friend bambam. It sounds like it could be the speed control. Replace it and clean out the fan housing and fan itself completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.