Quadra Fire Insert Ignition Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fgaston

Oct 8, 2020
Wilton, CT
Thank you in advance. When I went to start my Mt. Vernon AE Insert this season, I got no ignition so I replaced the igniter and it worked. 2 days later, same problem, so I replaced the "new" igniter, but same problem. I then replaced the thermocouple, but same problem (no igniter heat in firepot). Any ideas before I call for service tech? Thanks, Fred

How many Watts is it using? I use 150w normal operaton, and 450w on start up.

Thanks for responding. I get no reading from the igniter wires. Could this be the 15A fuse gone on the control board? I understand it's not that easy to get the board out so I want to have tried everything before.

You can bench test your igniter, to see if it is good. If no power to it, then yes, time to check the fuse that is inside the control board. they do make a wire harness with inline fuses, for just such an occasion. I would invest in one for future headaches. And be gentle with the control board wires and fittings, as they are fragile. And always make sure to run wires up in hanger, to keep them away from the auto clean, as it will scrape and eventually ground the igniter out. kap

Reactions: Ssyko and ARGlock
Thanks Kappel15. No power to igniter so trying to remove the circuit board. I carefully removed all connections, but I can't figure out how to slide it out, and which direction it comes out. Don't see any Youtube videos on this. Can you be of help, and also where would I source the wire harness. Cheers, Fred

Kappel15, can you confirm please what number the rotary switch on control board should be set to: 0, 1, 2 or 3. I may have changed from original setting. Thanks, fred

You can bench test your igniter, to see if it is good. If no power to it, then yes, time to check the fuse that is inside the control board. they do make a wire harness with inline fuses, for just such an occasion. I would invest in one for future headaches. And be gentle with the control board wires and fittings, as they are fragile. And always make sure to run wires up in hanger, to keep them away from the auto clean, as it will scrape and eventually ground the igniter out. kap

You all be very careful of this Kappel15 character!!! He just might know what he's talking about!!!! :):)
Good to see you around here Kap helping folks out as usual!!

AR

Reactions: kappel15
The slit should be straight up and down, showing 0 in the notch . Stay warm. kap

Reactions: Ssyko