Quadra Fire Mount Vernon AE standalone Vacuum Switch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jclay

Sep 20, 2022
Maine
For startup this season I am getting a Vacuum Switch error. I only get the error immediately after Autoclean and the error has not yet interrupted a burn. Given the many reasons for Vacuum Switch error, I was hoping that the fact that it only came after at the end of the cycle after the shutdown/autoclean might be a clue.
I have ordered a new ash pan gasket as mine looked like it had a bad spot.. but I am thinking that is not the problem because I am able to maintain vacuum during the burn.

Following up - The error is very consistently only after the Autoclean until the stove completely cools down and the blower stops. The error clears itself and does not seem to affect operation.
Would a leak in my duravent horizontal exhaust trip this Vacuum switch?

Would a leak in my duravent horizontal exhaust trip this Vacuum switch?
In a word NO
The vac is read for the interior of the stove
After the combustion fan, it is a positive draft
before it is a negative draft.

Check that pot floor is seated against pot walls, (springs can weaken after time )' and also make sure it is traveling completely, to the closed position. kap