quadra-fire or osburn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dvscott

Aug 6, 2017
pittsburgh, pa
we bought our house in march and want to put a wood burning insert into our masonry fireplace.

weve went to several fireplace stores and have narrowed our decision down to 2 wood burning inserts...quadra-fire....either 4100i or 5100i or the osburn 2200.

we like the bay window styles of the units...so im just looking for pros and cons on the 2 brands or even the specific models.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is existing now? Is there any sort of fireplace?

I have the 5100i. Its a good heater, but the bay windows quickly soot up due to a lack of air wash on the bay windows.
I don't regret buying it at all, but just know that the bay windows will definitely go black on the first fire.

Reactions: Merc1973