Quadra Fire Smart Batt Remote Control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MainePellethead

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2007
Southern Maine
I purchased a Quadra Fire Smart Batt Remote Thermostat. I'm attempting to hook it up....the problem I am having is the connectors on the 2 wires on the remote receiver that connects where the "wired" thermostat is are different(the ends are different) The wired thermo has for ends.....the basic old slide in models and you tighten the screws. The connectors on the remote receiver are a slide in type but more of a slide in and no screws. Any ideas that wont ruin the remote receiver etc.....can I just cut and crimp on the right connectors without hurting the remote unit?

Thanks....

Ok I have no idea what you just said but I do know that remote. It probably came with some black wires that come out of the box. One goes into each set screw on the battery box. The other end can just be cut off and re-crimped to whatever fits on the stoves terminal block. Or just strip it to bare wires and wrap it around the screws on the terminal block and tighten them down.

jtp10181 said:
Ok I have no idea what you just said but I do know that remote. It probably came with some black wires that come out of the box. One goes into each set screw on the battery box. The other end can just be cut off and re-crimped to whatever fits on the stoves terminal block. Or just strip it to bare wires and wrap it around the screws on the terminal block and tighten them down.

lol...ok....I tried to be clear on here but sometimes typing it out just cant cut it. They actually are Red wires(2) coming out of the receiver box that connects to the terminals that the "wired" remote is connected to. The actual wired thermostat had the old basic connectors like the old cable tv adapters. But the receiver had connectors that would slide onto a connection snuggly. But...anyway...your answer has answered my question. I just dont want to frig anything up by cutting and crimping after paying all that $$ and having it frigged up so I couldnt return it. Just wanted to know if it should work ok by crimping new connector ends on them. Thanks....sorry it sounded a little confusing. lol....thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.