Quadrafire 1000 intermittent start reviseted

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Todd Hackett

Nov 24, 2020
Libby, MT
Hi Guys and Gals!
My QF sometimes does not start. Cleaned really deep - ya should have seen the crap on the heat exchanger above the exhaust fan, amazed it would run. Anyway, put a current probe on the hot wire going to the Ignitor and watched. Ran good for a couple of cycles with about 4 Amps going through the ignitor. When it did not start, I had 4 Amps going thru the ignitor, but only for 15 to 30 seconds. Both input and exhaust blowers were running and pellets were dropping. I had an inch or two of pellets in the bottom and hit the reset button. Got 4 Amps through the ignitor for the whole start up sequence and the stove started. Anybody have a schematic of the controller board? Or - ideas?
Thanks
todh

Well the control boards are subbed out from the mfgr. (Pantrol makes quad boards) they do not release schematics. Your board (black box) the
Igniter, auger, combustion, convection, are voltage controled buy relays and timing is done by 14 pin logic chips. Your igniter relay I believe is the second from the left with the card edge towards you.