Quadrafire 1000 not feeding pellets.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

KenofShelby

Burning Hunk
My 1000 has been working fine...shut it down yesterday to clean out the fire pot and surrounding area.. Now all the blower’s start, the ignitor gets hot, fire starts if I hand feed pellets, then no more pellets feed. Checked the thermocouple, it’s far enough over the fire pot,,,,
What’s the first thing to look at?

DAKSY. thank you,, that is what I was looking for.....I will try those cures.. This stove had been working fine, after all the effort I put into it last year,,,,so away I go and will report back

t hanks for the quick reply.

Reactions: DAKSY
Alright, I basically did every suggested int he article....I cleaned the stove well, checked the vacuum,,, even bypassed the vacuum switch....the auger doesn’t rotate. I can keep a nice healthy fire burning by hand feeding it,, so the fire pot area is fine,, Not sure why the auger won’t rotate, It’s not clogged or anything
I’m not eage to pull the auger motor if I don’t have too,,,Can I just check it by putting 120 straight to the motor and see if it rotates then,,,Or is there a better way of testing?/ perhaps using a meter to test if there is current coming to the motor?? Thanks for any ideas.

You CAN put power to the motor to test it.

Thank you,, I just did that....Clipped the leads from my 120V test cord to the contacts on the motor,,,plugged the cord into an outlet...........absolutely nothing, nada....So I assume this means the motor is dead.??

Now to find a replacement,,,,though I was pleased that by taking the top of the stove off, which was easy, I can reach the motor fairly easy,

Replaced the auger motor,,, installing the new one was easy, removing the old one was a PITA,,,,,anyway it’s done,,,,auger didn’t work,, so I by-passed that switch on the auger shaft,,,, it’s the one with the red button, but the red button doesn’t work.....that solved the problem,, all is working, except I need to replace that switch as soon as I figure out what it’s called.

I am assuming, it is the #2 snap disc. It shuts down power to the auger motor if overheated. #3 would shut whole stove down. kap

The red button is the overheat switch
push the red button to reset

The red button on it doesn’t work,, it doesn’t push in... looking at Quadrafire parts on amazon, it looks like what they call the ‘Reset snap disc #3’. So I ordered one,,, it didn’t shut the whole stove down, just the auger,,, and when I jumped it with a wire, everything worked....
So I’ll wait until the part gets here and see what’s what.