Quadrafire 1000 problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

skyhighpilot

Apr 12, 2020
Elbert, CO
Greetings,

I have a Quadrafire 1000 that has been working fine (other than the occasional smoky room). Its been pretty warm, so the stove has not run over the last several weeks.

With sub freezing temperatures, I tried getting it going today. The auto igniter did not work, so I manually started the stove. Now it is overfeeding. Any ideas on what the issue(s) could be?

Thanks.

I don't know if this will also apply to the 1000, but look at the following thread.

It has trouble shooting diagrams for some quadrafire models.

Reactions: skyhighpilot
I don't know if this will also apply to the 1000, but look at the following thread.

It has trouble shooting diagrams for some quadrafire models.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Any luck getting your unit working properly?

I am assuming that the first thing you did is a very thorough cleaning. Do you have voltage at the igniter? Can you describe your overfeeding problem better?

First thing I would try is unplug the stove, remove the control box and reinstall. Plug in and try it. Check voltage with a DMM at the igniter wires.

Any luck getting your unit working properly?

I am assuming that the first thing you did is a very thorough cleaning. Do you have voltage at the igniter? Can you describe your overfeeding problem better?

Did a good cleaning on it. I didn't have a way to check the ignitor voltage, but did see a crack on it, so got a new one, waiting for that to arrive.

The overfeed issue. When I start the fire manually, I wait till a good fire is going, then turn on the unit, it seems to feed and the fire burns well up to wall thermostat temperature, then the unit shuts down and the burn pot fills with pellets almost completely full before shutting off the auger.

First thing I would try is unplug the stove, remove the control box and reinstall. Plug in and try it. Check voltage with a DMM at the igniter wires.

Thanks, I'll try uninstalling/reinstalling the controller when I install the new igniter. I'll pick up a voltage meter, prob be a good thing to have around anyways.