Quadrafire 1200 Feed motor?Vaccum switch help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

chevelle383

Oct 3, 2018
emmett, ID
So my vaccum switch was only working when in not factory positions. Bought a new one, it too wanted to lay flat, not be used in factory vertical position. In my many attempts on and off, once i forgot to unplug it and the vaccum switch wire touched the stove and there was a small spark. Now it does not work at all.

even bypassing the switch does not turn the feed motor on...did i just ruin the board or what?

Both fuses I can find are not blown. HELP! :(

Does the red call light come on? Does the exhaust fan come on? IF so. turn on tstat so stove is calling for heat. Check for power at vac switch(remember you only have 98 seconds before initial feed is done). If no power from red wire, control got toasted probably. If you know someone with a 1200 stove you can try your box in, or take to a dealer that has the equipment to test it or a stove to test it in. Just remember every time you install or remove a control box, unplug stove first, or you run the risk of toasting it. kap

Last edited:
yes, yes, and I will check. But sure seems like no power. What a fail. Ive had a bad couple of days. love when I make things worse instead of fixing. Thanks for your input.

Kappel15, the voltage coming to the motor is like 80-90 volts. Which doesn't make it run. I cant seem to find out why. I plugged it in directly to 120 and it ran...any clues before I buy a board?

What is the voltage of your incoming power? Possible loose connection somewhere. Sounds like a bad neutral connection somewhere.

Reactions: heat seeker
I agree about an open neutral for the motor. There may be a switch or sensor in the neutral line, also, even though that's not the best electrical practice.

What year stove is it?