Quadrafire 1200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bombero loco

Mar 31, 2019
Denver Colorado
hello all,
I have a 9 year old Quadrafire 1200 i the thermocouple wire finally broke at the fire pot so I replaced it now the stove enters the start up cycle drops pellets ignites them burns them completely ceramic cover at the end of the thermocouple wire glows red however stove will not enter run cycle so it drops no more pellets and eventually goes out leavings red call light still on. I have swapped out the control box with our other Quadrafire 1200 Fs ruling that out.
Please help.
Thanks,

did you put the new T-couple wires on the correct terminals? if they are on reversed it will tell the stove its getting colder instead of hotter and shut down. also make sure the tip of the wire is touching the inside of the ceramic tube.

Thank you for your response. Yes I am sure the t-couple wires are attached correctly as I took a picture prior to dissembling the original wires to avoid this issue yellow on the left red on the right.
Also I have checked the fitment of the t-couple wire against the end of the ceramic tube multiple times.
Please let me know if you have any other thoughts.
Thank you for your help

I just tried to start the stove again still no luck however I did just notice the fire pot trap door has quite a gap between the bottom of the pot and the trap door itself as soon as it cools down from this start up attempt I will try to address this issue.
Thanks again

I have never heard of a ceramic cover glowing red. There should be no more then a dimes width gap between pot floor and pot. And just because a thermocouple is new, doesn't mean it works. May want to try the one out of the other stove like you did the control box. And with warmer weather, we will start getting misfires, which is when stove doesn't get to 200* before timing out, so stove will not start feeding fuel. You can try hitting reset button if it does this again and see if it starts after that. Most times it happens when there is no ash in pot. I burn a mix of corn and pellets in my Santa Fe. Usually two scoops of corn to one pellet. I had to richen the mix up due to warmer weather and stove not running as much. kap