Quadrafire 1200i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Shadman

Feb 23, 2020
USA
Hello forum

Over the weekend I replaced the fire pot on my model as well as the thermal coupling and ceramic cover. However, when I went to fire it on it initially starts feeding pellets and starts burning but soon after stops feeding pellets and then dies?

Looked in the manual not much info..

This model has the clear box and it blinks blue four times in total maybe 10-15 seconds apart it will do a blink then 10-15 seconds and another 1 blink etc etc. Usually I think I remember that blue light remaining on while the stove was working properly burning pellets.

As soon as I turn it on the red light turns on as well. Which was what it did before when working properly.

Check your thermocouple and cover. I believe that it should be touching the end of the cover and be 3/4" over the pot.

Reactions: kappel15
Thanks man I think it must be something to do with that. I've messed around with it a lot and to no avail...I switched out the new cable and installed the old one again. That seemed to work but then it shut down about 10 minutes into burning. So it starts up and even continues feeding the fire pot past the intial start up cycle but then shuts down again. One thing though since switching out and replacing the old cable back is the box displays a green light. Something is still not right though as it shuts down...

Sounds like the old thermocouple might be bad if you’re getting green before a fire has lit. Also, are you sure you hooked up the new tc correct? Should be red on the right I believe.

There have been instances this year that the wires needed to be reversed (no idea why) but try the new one reversing the wires and see if it helps.

Reactions: Shadman
Thanks I'll try your suggestions;) There is always a delay waiting for moderator approval to submit my posts so it takes longer responding..

Fixed it by changing the wires around just like you mentioned. The original one I removed had blue on left and red go right. This new one didn't work wired like that it likes it opposite. So red on left and blue on right. WORKS!!

Cheers fellas:)

Reactions: Ssyko