Quadrafire 1200i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info, it was confusing me that disc 1 was open, but i guess that makes sense, since it controls the convection fan. I will try replacing the capacitor tomorrow, since it is such a cheap part and i have no other way of testing it.

Tankdog said:
I agree, and hope it is the capacitor. I only wish that i did not go and replace the control box and thermocouple already. I guess i will caulk that up to a lesson learned from taking advise from my local dealer.

Is ther a way to test the capacitor, should there always be continuity from one side to the other? Also is there a way to test the snap discs, Should they have continuity as well?

I only ask these questions because i have tested the snap discs and they all have continuity, except #1. I also diconected the capacitor and it also does not have continuity.

These two parts seem unrelated and the capacitor seems to make sense, but disc#1 does not sound like it has anything to do with the issues i have been experiencing??
You may know this, but a fully charged cap will not have continuity. It should read infinite.

Tankdog said:
Thanks for the info, it was confusing me that disc 1 was open, but i guess that makes sense, since it controls the convection fan. I will try replacing the capacitor tomorrow, since it is such a cheap part and i have no other way of testing it.

Yea, it's worth a try on the capacitor and it's basically plug and play from what I've seen. As for the control box, you have a spare to pop in the next time you have doubts about it. Maybe even find someone on here to help out by lending it to them. It would be nice to have one 'floating around' to who ever has a problem to confirm it's the box before dropping a bunch of money. I'm sure they would be willing to pay shipping plus a 'thank you' in your PayPal account. I know I would.

One word of caution that others will tell you. ALWAYS make sure you unplug the stove before removing or replacing the control box. Can't wait to see if the capacitor works for you. If not, try the things I said in my other post.

The service manual that krosser sent you has the schematic in the back that shows how the snap switches are hooked in. Pretty basic stuff.

Good luck.

When my cb1200 acts up, I blow out the hose on the vaccum switch and that fixes it.

I've heard of people SHOOTING their TV's. If it acts up too much, just get your ShotGun out, maybe it will start working correctly!!! :)

Don't believe everything you read in the papers or on forums!!

AR

Tankdog said:
I think the shotgun might be my next option.

Did you get your capacitor setup today?

Status
Not open for further replies.