Quadrafire 4100i...Install done!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Sep 3, 2008
Western Oregon
My plan was, to make it through the rest of the cold weather with the old, beat up crappy stove in my new house. Well, had in inspected, found that the flue liner was cracked, and the stove was a POS.

So, I trashed that thing. I was searching craigslist and found a quadrafire 4100I with the liner included for 1800 bucks. I thought to myself, "No way this thing works." I priced them new and it's a 3000 dollar stove.

I drove an hour to the guys house, and saw a very nice insert installed downstairs. He told me that he doesn't have a place to get wood anymore, so he's switching to pellets. He wanted 2,000 and the lowest I could get him was 1800.

I'm very happy with this stove! I'll post pictures soon.

Are there any tips and tricks to this thing?

Where in the WORLD do I put my thermo?

\

Congrats D/F...before you install it I write down the model # of the blower. Just in case btw that a good price with a flue liner too.

Congrats on a quality stove at a good price. Slapping a thermo on an insert is a tough gig. Basically it will have to be face mounted, and then it is typically used for reference, not really for accurate temp readings.

My guess is that your gonna be one happy dude when the heating season returns.

Here is what I did for my Quadrafire 4100i install (see link below.) I now have a remote thermometer for my flue. It's attached to the liner about 18" up from where it comes out of the stove. I have it attached on the exterior of the liner by mounting the probe to a large hose clamp, and then putting the clamp around the liner.

I could have mounted it through the liner, but it would not have been a nice, clean hole or setup, so I chose to measure it on the outside of the liner instead (as you would for a magnetically attached thermometer.)

Works quite nicely for me...

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/37114/

Status
Not open for further replies.