Quadrafire 5100 could be my next purchase.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leftyscott

Apr 6, 2009
arkansas
Went to a local dealer today in the hope of upgrading from my 30 year old Kodiak smoke dragon to something more efficient.
This insert is sweet. Burn times 14+ hours.....what!!!!!

My chimney sweep wanted to sell me a Napoleon 1402 but I could not get over the fact that splits longer than 18" won't fit. A decent amount of my stacked 6 cords is 18-21 inches long. I couldn't see myself sawing all those splits down to usable sizes...

Am I crazy???

The 5100 has a 3 cu.ft. box and can handle a 21" piece.

It's easily large enough to heat my 2200 sq ft house, specs say up to 3500 sf.

Plus......the dealer will do the install free. That'll save a couple hundred $.

I did a search here and found very positive feedback.

Anybody have anything to add???

Thanks,

Quads are good stoves, and that's the big one. Does it qualify for the 30% tax credit?

MarkG

I have the 5100 for 11 years now and it heats my 2400 sq ft home nice and toasty. I have gotten those burn times but have put some large unsplit pieces in there. I have no problem loading it and coming back 8-10 hours later and poke the coals and load again. I can get 24 inch pieces in there on a diagonal when I have to, but I mainly cut between 18-20 in lengths. It has served my family's needs very well.

yukiginger said:
Quads are good stoves, and that's the big one. Does it qualify for the 30% tax credit?

MarkG

What 30% tax credit is that???

That's a nice stove for sure...
I had it narrowed down to the 5100 and the Declaration.
My wife liked the flush look of the Declaration a little better.
Both stoves have real big boxes for inserts. (21 and 24" logs and 3 cu ft boxes)

If I could get 8 hours of heat out of anything i`d be a happy camper. Im not so sure however that my stove selection would be based on my wood pile..I believe, "yes" you need to oversize rather than meet the required BTU`s needed, but I would rather have to open a window occasionally than spend all winter intentionally building smaller fires because im over stoved

Status
Not open for further replies.