Quadrafire Auger renew! How is your Auger?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Wow this Quadrafire Classic Bay 1200 Auger was pitted, corroded and rusted in spots. It felt very ruff.

So I got a stainless steel bristle brush attachment for the dremel and smoothed it right down.

Now a little stainless steel polish and it will be up to snuff. Not new but in good working shape!!

Now it should pump out the pellets!! So how is your Auger? Any pitting or rust yet?

Also Good to know!!!
Quadrafire Auger Cycle Times!!
These are “On†times.

High - 7.5 sec
Med - 6 sec
Low - 4.7 sec
Start up has an initial feed of 95 sec straight to fill pot for the ignition cycle.

See picture below.

Attachments

• IMG01999-20120211-1925sc.jpg
    IMG01999-20120211-1925sc.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 347
I have the same auger..... Nothing special.

Just a HOLLOW Spring..... What are you looking for? As far as responses go? Most use a Solid "Screw & Cylinder" type auger. While Heatilator & Quad (and maybe someone else, I dont know of any) have a Spring.

This leaves a large build up of fines at the bottom of the hopper. Tiss the reason I sift my pellets.

Attachments

• Quadauger2.jpg
    Quadauger2.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 303
  • auger.jpg
    auger.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 356
My 1994 auger looks as good as dex's. Don, I think yours was abused be the previous owner. Them wet pellets globbed up in there definetly didn't help any!

j-takeman said:
My 1994 auger loogs as good as dex's. Don, I think yours was abused be the previous owner. Them wet pellets globbed up in there definetly didn't help any!

Yes J but I would not say abused. I would say it was definately not kept in a dry corrosion free environment!!!

I do feel very bad for this poor unwanted machine and hope I can get it working so it can give some warmth to people again sometime soon!!

See pic of this hopper!!

Well maybe just a lttle elbow greese? I can use the steel brush too!!

Attachments

• CB1200HopperSC.jpg
    CB1200HopperSC.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 313
Whats the serial # on that unit, Don?

Looks like serial # 1.

Why dont you start one good thread about the entire rebuild process? Instead of there being a bunch of random threads? Will help someone in the future, if they look to do the same thing. Rather than searching through a bunch of different threads?

Just a thought? The rebuild of a Quardrafire Classic Bay 1200? ? The search and archives of this site help Thousands (prob more) of people who dont join and become a member. They just do a Google, Bing, Yahoo, Etc, search and read the info they need? ;-P

DexterDay said:
Whats the serial # on that unit, Don?

Looks like serial # 1.

Why dont you start one good thread about the entire rebuild process? Instead of there being a bunch of random threads? Will help someone in the future, if they look to do the same thing. Rather than searching through a bunch of different threads?

Just a thought? The rebuild of a Quardrafire Classic Bay 1200? ? The search and archives of this site help Thousands (prob more) of people who dont join and become a member. They just do a Google, Bing, Yahoo, Etc, search and read the info they need? ;-P

Hi Dexter

SR # is 356145 What is your serial number for comparison?

I would like to have a thread on the whole thing but I tried that once and the moderator said too blogish and killed the thread!

Oh, well got the Auger all cleaned up now I will clean the hopper and chute. Then hopefully get it back in!

Thanks

BTW
In case I do need a part for the stove, I called quadrafire customer support. 1-800-926-4356.
The lady looked up the serial # 356145 in the computer and said it was Stove model 810-0120 and the feed motor part # is 812-3690.

She also stated parts are not available from Quadrafire directly, you must go through a dealer!

Status
Not open for further replies.